Seriously, if we believe a 14 year old is too immature to know how to take a pill, do we really think she’s adult enough to handle an unwanted pregnancy?
The truth is that the age restriction is completely arbitrary, tied only to our puritanical comfort levels. And listen, I get it; I think it’s fair to say that most people are uncomfortable with the idea of a 14 year old having sex. But here’s the thing - access to Plan B isn’t about keeping a 14 year old from having sex - by the time she gets to the pharmacy, that ship has sailed - it’s about keeping a 14 year old who has already had sex from getting pregnant. And despite what urban legend (or past embarrassing FDA memos) may tell you, making emergency contraception more available is not more likely to make young teens have sex - it will just make them less likely to end up pregnant.
We can’t let our discomfort with teen sex trump young people’s right to sexual and reproductive health and we can’t continue to let politics trump science. If we care about young women’s health and bodily autonomy and integrity, we’ll drop all age restrictions from emergency contraception. Anything less isn’t just illogical - it’s immoral.
- Racist white People: Stop complaining about something that happened 200 years ago! It's over!
- Racist white People: Stop Complaining about something that happened 100 years ago! It's over!
- Racist white People: Stop complaining about what happened 50 years ago! It's over!
- Racist white People: Stop complaining about what happened 15 years ago! It's over!
- Racist white People: Stop complaining about what happened a year ago! It's over!
- Racist white People: Stop complaining about what happened yesterday! It's over!
- Racist white People: Stop complaining about what happened 5 minutes ago! It's over!
- Black person: I'm being attacked by police right now! Help Me!
- Racist white People: Stop complaining. Soon Enough It Will Be Over...
If we can’t write diversity into sci-fi, then what’s the point? You don’t create new worlds to give them all the same limits of the old ones.
are straight women less oppressed than gay men?
which straight women?
which gay men?
I think its different strokes of the oppressive pen. But I know this, gay men still get paid more than women. Fuck it patriarchy wins errytime in the oppression life.
This is @neilredrup, aka ‘Pervaholic’, a follower of Creepshots on twitter.
Guess what a google of his name showed up: Judge jails ‘spying’ councillor (TW he filmed underage girls)
can we stop pretending that creepshots are harmless
I remember when this shit hit the fan on Reddit and I said that the type of men who frequent places like creepshots are a mixture of sexual predators, rapists, and pedophiles.
Look what we have here.
I am shocked. SHOCKED! I tell you!
This fucker should be in jail.
why am i not surprised that creepshots fans seem to be mostly creepy old white men
We do a much greater disservice to girls, because we raise them to cater to the fragile egos of men. We teach girls to shrink themselves, to make themselves smaller. We say to girls: ‘You can have ambition, but not too much. You should aim to be successful, but not too successful, otherwise you will threaten the man. If you are the breadwinner in your relationship with a man, you have to pretend that you’re not, especially in public otherwise you will ‘emasculate’ him.’
But what if we questioned the premise itself— why should a woman’s success be a threat to a man? What if we decide to simply dispose of that word? And I don’t think there’s an English word I despise more than ‘emasculation.’